The kitchen is the center of the family house . we used to spent hours there every day. it is also the most important room for cleaning, and not only once a week when the team of “green clean phoenix” is coming… it must be cleaned every day!
1. Dirty kitchen will become a center of illness in no time , and not just because of rotten food, but also because of food that left on the counter or on the floor which will attract roaches and others to the party! who knows what these guys are carrying with them…
2. Save on your electric bill, YES, i know it’s sounds crazy but think about it, if you have dust which all of us have in our homes ,if we don’t clean it than the refrigerator doors are not sealed ,air is coming in and out and that will cost you money, same idea with other appliances. very important to clean the gasket .change the filters .
3. Entertain your guests with no fear! i know it is funny but when your family or friends are coming over it does look better for you if your kitchen looks good. and that is a fact!
4. Your appliances will survive for a longer time, if they be cleaned regularly (no chemicals).
5. If you see or smell rotten food, get it out of the house ASAP. major reason for illness. packaging the food is always a good idea.
6. Clean kitchen is also safe kitchen. when dirty and oily chances of catching fire are much higher.
7. Do not buy food for two or three weeks in advance, shop every two to three days . the food will be fresh and with less chances to get rotten or not be used at all.
8. Educate your family and friends!!!
Few points to keep your kitchen clean
- Wash hands before and after handling food.
- Wash cutting boards with hot, soapy water every time you use them. Discard cutting boards with deep scoring or gouges.
- Wash hands after touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Wash hands after making raw meat and eggs.
- Keep household cleaners away from food prep areas.
- Don’t forget to clean gadgets you use for food prep : meat thermometers, measuring cups, measuring spoons, can openers, sieves,blenders, colanders,wooden spoons, cookie sheets and spoon rests. If it touches perishable foods, it need to be cleaned.
- Dispose of spoiled food . Never keep leftovers in the refrigerator more than four days.
- Refrigerate perishable foods after no more than two hours at room temperature.
- Food item that looks and smells off in any way, pitch it.
All the home cleaning and especially in the kitchen area is recommended to be done by green products ,non toxic products,like baking soda and vinegar . do not clean your food with chemicals and do not keep chemicals in your kitchen for safety reasons ,be very careful when having kids and pets .
more useful information: